PENTECOST SUNDAY, MAY 24TH – THE BIRTHDAY OF THE CHURCH
Pentecost is the third of the three major biblical events that we celebrate annually. The first is Christmas when we celebrate the birth of Christ. Second, is His death, burial, and resurrection. Third, is His Ascension back to Heaven and His sending of the Holy Spirit which resulted in the birth of the Church.
Paul’s sermon on Sunday will be: HOW THE HOLY SPIRIT MINISTERS TO YOU.
SPECIAL EVENT FOR MISSIONS
The meal for Wednesday night, June 3rd, at 5:30 will be a fundraiser for Lighthouse Family Retreat. Lighthouse is a wonderful ministry that sends families battling childhood cancer to the beach for a week of healing and restoration. These weeks are life changing for the child with cancer and for their family.
Going with a coastal theme, come prepared to eat Low Country Boil prepared by Naomi Moore. Listed below is a short video about Lighthouse and how to support this wonderful ministry!
The Moore Family devotes a week of Vacation each year to serve these families whose children have cancer. Let’s help them as they minister. http://lighthousefamilyretreat.org https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bggPyZDX-AE
20TH ANNIVERSARY - JUNE 28TH PREPARATIONS
· All former Members and Friends of the Church are invited. Special invitations are printed for you to send to your family and friends you would like to attend.
· Our founding Pastor, James Holloway, will be with us and we will recognize all charter members.
· Jack and Kathy Stanford will offer a concert of favorite songs.
· Paul will preach on “Hitherto and Henceforth”
· Dinner will be served outside in a big tent.
· After dinner we will return to the Sanctuary for Music and hearing everyone talk of the blessings of the years – “I Remember When…” We will show slides and videos of our history.
WE WALKED AMONG THE CROSSES
We walked among the crosses
Where our fallen soldiers lay.
And listened to the bugle
As TAPS began to play.
The Chaplin led a prayer
We stood with heads bowed low.
And I thought of fallen comrades
I had known so long ago.
They came from every city
Across this fertile land.
That we might live in freedom.
They lie here 'neath the sand.
I felt a little guilty
My sacrifice was small.
I only lost a little time
But these men lost their all.
Now the services are over
For this Memorial Day.
To the names upon these crosses
I just want to say,
Thanks for what you've given
No one could ask for more.
May you rest with God in heaven
From now through evermore. (C. W. Johnson)
BUDGET REPORT THROUGH 05/17/2015:
Budget Requirements $ 95,127.24
General Fund YTD $ 119,718.00
Designated Funds YTD $ 22,460.00
Total Receipts YTD $ 142,178.00
Sunday’s Offering: $ 2,898.00